At Ubiquity each student is free to design their own learning pathway and degree program. Think of what you want to become or what you want to learn and we will help you design a learning pathway that suits you best.
We offer undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees, live webinars, independent study courses (single courses you can take without enrolling in a degree), certificates, and In-Person Learning Journeys. All our courses can be taken for academic credit or audited for no academic credit.
Our courses are an inspired invitation to solve global challenges. We hope you’ll explore the many learning pathways we have created and continue to create. Explore more below ↓
Ubiquity offers a variety of ways to access individual courses. If you already know what course you’re interested in and how you’d like to take it, you may get started at this link.
MACRO COURSES (also called “trimester courses”) are 48-hour courses designed to last 3 months. They unlock the full depth of the Ubiquity experience. Each Macro Course adds up to 3 credits.
MICRO COURSES are 12-hour courses designed to be taken over one month. They help you achieve particular competencies outside of the standard trimester term and are equivalent to 1/3rd of a normal trimester class. They are more flexible than Macro courses, and can be taken on your own at any time at your own pace.
NANO COURSES are bite-sized, 3-hr courses that provide you with useful information on a specific subject. You can take them at any time.
LITE COURSES are “lite” versions of our Macro and Micro offerings. These non-credit courses can be completed at your own pace. Are you interested in gaining skills and credentials but don’t need academic credit or the full hands-on experience? If so, Lite courses are for you. And don’t worry! If you change your mind later, you can complete the full course assignments to gain academic credit toward a higher credential.
Last but not least, we also offer Live Webinars, In-Person Learning Journeys and Partner Courses with other organizations!
Ubiquity awards certificates, microcertificates and nanocertificates when you take groups of courses that showcase your expertise in a given area. You can use these certificates to highlight your skills with employers and other stakeholders. Certificates are open to all! You do not need to be enrolled in a degree in order to register.
Certificate in Global Skills, Sustainability and Regeneration
This certificate consists of a microcosm of our full BA program by the same name. Based on the liberal arts areas we have defined in our Chartres Framework, this learning opportunity will provide an introduction to essential “soft” skills, the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and is designed to equip you with the competencies you need to immediately engage in the world around you.
Core Competence Development:
By the end of this Certificate program, you should be able to:
- Understand essential “soft” skills such as leadership, teamwork and critical thinking.
- Be more effective in your personal and professional lives by holistic application of essential skills.
- Articulate the importance of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
- Improve your emotional intelligence and interior practices.
This Certificate is composed of eight macrocourses (24 credits available for enrolled degree students):
- Meeting Global Challenges: Foundation in Soft Skills
- Teamwork and Collaboration: Cosmopolitan Communication
- Social Innovation and Entreprenuership: Leading Change
- Emotional Intelligence: Integral Flourishing Parts One and Two
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving – Foundations of Critical Thinking for Learning and Everyday Life
- Leadership: Transformational Leadership, Strategy and Governance
- Building Global Community: The Great Books
Microcertificate in Transformational Leadership
Success in today’s hyper-complex world hinges on transformational leadership. Success hinges on creative leaders who are bold enough to face reality head-on, who are able to discern the patterns and communicate clearly and effectively, who are able to organize and lead in turbulent times and who know how to develop themselves to meet emerging and unexpected challenges. This Ubiquity Certificate is designed to develop these fundamental and essential competencies.
Core Competence Development:
By the end of this Microcertificate program, you should be able to:
- Understand and map the underlying dynamics of change in organizations and society
- Provide a penetrating and in-depth analysis of current global affairs
- Develop a long-term strategy for leadership and organization in a rapidly changing world with immediate next steps
- Explain what it takes for projects to be able to thrive in a complex world
- Develop and implement a pathway for personal self-mastery that increases your positive impact
- Change Agent
- Consultant cross-sector
- Transformation Facilitator
- Campaign Organizer
- Innovation Leader
This Microcertificate is composed of three macrocourses (9 credits available for enrolled degree students):
Ubiquity offers a variety of degree programs to suit your needs. From undergraduate, graduate to doctoral degrees, Ubiquity gives you the opportunity to design your own curriculum or follow a pre-designed concentration of your choice. We also offer combined degrees with our academic partners around the world.
Ubiquity offers you the opportunity to participate in journeys to amazing sites around the world known for their sacred and historical importance. These in-person experiences provide a balance to the online courses students take at Ubiquity. Check out this year’s In-Person Learning Journeys.
The Learning Journeys are open to all students. You can participate in these Journeys for credit toward a degree, or participate without credit if you choose.