Educators, trainers, and researchers have spent much time and energy developing communicative competence for children, students, business people, and people in conflict areas. However, there is still an overabundance of global issues (ethnic and religious conflict, business and political tensions, migration, global leadership crisis, the environment, economic tensions, etc.) that cannot be solved in isolation. Instead, we need competencies in interpersonal- / intercultural- / organizational communication, which help us work with the wholeness of an increasingly complex, globalized world. In this course, you will take a step toward the next phase of human communication: ‘Cosmopolitan Communication.’ In so doing, you will develop a new level of awareness – global integral competence – which incorporates a more complete human and societal dimension of experience (body, mind, culture, system).
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- describe a number of theories on communication;
- explain the evolutionary process of communication;
- demonstrate “Transparent Communication” by Thomas Hübl; and,
- apply holistic communication in the ‘person-in-conversation’ and ‘energy-in-conversation.’
Your Main Instructor – Kazuma Matoba, PhD was born in Kobe/Japan, studied linguistics at Sophia University in Tokyo. He got his PhD from Duisburg University in Germany and taught communication science at Witten/Herdecke University. There he was very influenced by Claus Otto Scharmer, Johan Galtung, Ken Wilber, and David Bohm, and he began to research ‘cosmopolitan communication’ proposed by Barnard Pearce. Kazuma lives in a small town near Dortmund/Germany and works globally in Palestine, Ukraine, USA, and Japan. He is proud of being a post-modern nomad – traveling, researching, and teaching around the world.
Your Guest Instructors:
- Thomas Hübl: Thomas Hübl is a modern mystic, a spiritual teacher whose work integrates the core insights of the great wisdom traditions with the discoveries of contemporary science, illuminating both with his profound understanding. Visit Website
- Martin Bruders: Martin Bruders is a certified social worker, mediator, and coach and has been a comedian for over 28 years at over 2,000 corporate events in Europe. He is the inventor of the Integral Roadshow, an infotainment show on the integral model of Ken Wilber and co-founder of the Institute for Global Integral Competence (IfGIC) and Innerplace Berlin. Visit Website
- Denis Knubel: Denis Knubel is a political analyst in academic and political institutes. He studied international relations, peace, and conflict.
Course Contact Information:
Course content is delivered by faculty. With the exception of “lite” versions, courses are led by a Course Facilitator (CF) who is available to answer questions, offer additional assistance, and assess the final creative assignments for academic credit. For questions regarding facilitation you may contact our Director of Course Facilitation at facilitator @ ubiquityuniversity.org. (Sorry! Direct email link not provided due to spam bots.)