Combined MA/PhD in Integral Transpersonal Psychology
The Combined MA/PhD in Integral Transpersonal Psychology, developed as a partnership between Integral Transpersonal Institute Italy and Ubiquity University, bridges the gap between the integral and the transpersonal in the realm of psychology.
This doctoral program:
- allows you to enter the PhD program while still earning your MA
- promotes research combining the study of transpersonal psychology based on its interrelated and interdependent aspects;
- is a multidisciplinary host for PhD-candidates whose psychological questions are inspired by studies of science and wisdom studies; and,
- provides supervision for PhD-candidates on both scientific/discipline-specific and personal/spiritual level.
Upon successful completion of this program you will receive a PhD in Integral Transpersonal Psychology. However you will not receive a separate MA degree.
The precondition of this MA/PhD course is a successful participation in a BA level program. The program also accepts training done by other institutions.
44 credits must be completed from both university’s core courses, 20 credits at the MA level and 24 at the PhD level plus 36 credits attained for the doctoral dissertation, totaling 80 credits. The required courses include the following.
Core Required Ubiquity Courses at the PhD Level (11 Credits):
- The Wisdom School Chartres Academy and/or other Pilgrimages (In-person or online)
- Great Books (Jim Garrison and Gyorgyi Szabo, UU) (online course)
- Dissertation Writing and Research Methods (Gyorgyi Szabo, UU) (online course)
Core Required ITI Courses at the PhD Level (13 Credits):
- Creativity, Critical and Integral Thinking (Pier Luigi Lattuada, ITI) (online course)
- Psychobiology, States of Consciousness and Neuroscience (Regina U. Hess ITI) (online course)
- Integral Transpersonal Education (Gabriella Delmonte, ITI) (online course)
- Beyond the Mind (Pier Luigi Lattuada, ITI) (in-person course)
You may substitute one of the following electives for one of the Core Required ITI Courses:
- Clinical and Dynamic Psychology (Jure Biechonski, ITI) (online course)
- Integral Transpersonal Psychology – Foundations (Pier Luigi Lattuada, ITI) (online course)
- Theory and Methods of Integral Transpersonal Psychology (Pier Luigi Lattuada, ITI) (online course)
- Life Span Development and Human Experience (Pier Luigi Lattuada, ITI) (online course)
- Integral Transpersonal Counseling – Foundations (Simona Vigo, ITI) (online course)
- Personality Theories and Transpersonal Evolution (ZHU Caifang, ITI) (online course)
Elective Courses (20 Credits): An additional selection of macrocourses, (or equivalent micro-, nano-, or in-person courses), you take based on your interests at the Master’s Level.
Dissertation (36 credits): Complete your academic dissertation.
Although ITP BA, ITP BA Completion and ITP MA students can take courses from the Alef Trust and transfer those in for credit, the PhD program does not allow for that substitution.
The PhD program is comprised of a combination of the above courses, for which there are post papers, and the dissertation, which includes an oral examination with a dissertation committee. The program must be completed within a period of seven years from initiation of study.
Dr. Pier Luigi Lattuada, Founder President of the Integral Transpersonal Institute, will offer general advice and either serve as Major Advisor or assist all PhD students in selecting the appropriate Major Advisor. Dr. Gyorgyi Szabo, Dean of Graduate Studies for Ubiquity University, will coordinate the program for the Ubiquity side.
Tuition and Fees
Total Tuition and Fees = Approximately $22,000 for 80 credit fees ($200 per credit at MA Level, $300 per credit at PhD Level)*, Dissertation fee, Major Advisor fee, and External Examiner fee.
*This total for courses may fluctuate if courses are taken from outside Ubiquity as Independent Study. To import for credit, you will need to have the Independent Study course approved, write a post-paper to demonstrate what you learned from the course and pay the normal $300 per-credit fee to transfer toward your Ubiquity degree.
In-person courses will include logistics costs (for board and lodging for example) which are not included in the costs above.
Read more about this program in the Integral Transpersonal Psychology Student Handbook