Lifespan Development examines theories of lifespan development relevant to integral and transpersonal psychology and psycho-spiritual development; explores the relevance of these theories to diverse and global populations. Human Experience encourages students to apply these theories to their own lives, self-realization process, research topics, and professional goals and encourages students to apply these theories to their own lives, research topics, and professional goals. Furthermore, this course emphasizes pre-and perinatal development and infancy.
LSDHE is designed for “young people” in the spirit of feeling and knowing that they come from far away and have a present and a future as protagonists, innovators, and creative. They can be vanguards of a new culture of sharing that can transcend and include the dualisms, as well as, the differences and conflicts of the larger system that includes them. The separation between theory and practice, between mind and body, between action and feeling, between male and female, between past and future, between matter and consciousness, traditional and scientific, academic and experiential is overcome in a transformative teaching methodology, a further mode that teaches how to make the two one.
This Program will follow Ubiquity-style teaching methodology: along with reading texts, there will also be learning technologies for the mastery of inner experience, the management of emotions and their states of consciousness, enhancing interpersonal relationships, and practical application projects in real life.
1. At a theoretical level students will know:
- Knowledge of several theories of lifespan development, which are uniquely relevant to transpersonal psychology and psycho-spiritual development
- Ancient wisdom traditions
- Post-conventional thinking coming from the new paradigm
- Developmental Maps and models of the integral transpersonal approach.
2. At the Integral level student will experiment with “Transe Learning”: A teaching method that wants to create the conditions for the Insight, the understanding of the new order of Bohm and the wisdom traditions of humanity – considered the only true knowledge. The knowledge that takes place in the entirety of the body, in its cells as well as in the emotions and mind. Learning which is achieved through mastery of felt-sense experiences (awareness of proprioceptive, kinesthetic, and visceral signals), the ability to go through the wounds (emotional personal history, empathic identification), and experiences of archetypal order, (elemental, unconscious, symbolic, imaginal process, and Psychic experiences).
3. At the conclusion of this course, students will have increased their capacity to
- articulate and critique developmental theories and concepts and reflect on the relevance of these theories to one’s own life, research, and professional goals
- reflect skillfully on course readings and each other’s essays
- work compassionately and mindfully
- be aware of the role of inner experience, mindfulness, discernment, compassion, and ethics in their personal and professional life.
Pier Luigi Lattuada, PhD is a Medical Doctor in Clinical Psychology Psychotherapist; the President of the Transpersonal Medicine and Psychotherapy Association in Milan; the Founder of Biotransenergetica and Transpersonal Psychotherapy School in Milan; Co-Vice President of EUROTAS, European Transpersonal Association; Board member of the Italian Psychotherapy Associations Federation; Supervisor and Trainer at the San Nicola Community Member of Story of Sanitary Art Academy, Rome. In the past he has been Medical director of Lifegate Holistic Medicine of Milan. He Published 16 Books on shamanism, transpersonal psychotherapy and holistic medicine.
Course Contact Information:
Course content is delivered by faculty. Courses are led by a Course Facilitator (CF) who is available to answer questions, offer additional assistance, and assess the final creative assignments for academic credit. For questions regarding facilitation you may contact our Director of Course Facilitation at facilitator @ ubiquityuniversity.org. (Sorry! Direct email link not provided due to spam bots.)