Badge(s) Earned: Business Development: Pursuing Investment (Initiate)
This microcourse aims to provide students with an understanding of the United Nations (UN) Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), the startup business opportunities they could bring, and how to pitch to investors to fund these business ideas.
By the end of this microcourse you should be able to:
- understand the UN SDGs and the business opportunities they could bring;
- understand what potential investors are looking for; and,
- create an effective investor pitch.
Monaem Ben Lellahom, MBA is the winner of the “Global CSR Excellence & Leadership Award” at the World Marketing Summit – Malaysia 2013 and the “Global AIESEC Alumni Entrepreneurship and Leadership Award“ – Taiwan 2014. Monaem is a pioneer and trusted thought leader in the field of ESG integration, sustainability disclosure and impact investing practices in the broaden Middle East and Africa region.
Monaem has been championing social impact studies and programs and produced impact reports to demonstrate the value generated of community and impact investing projects. He also focuses on developing ESG investment and integration strategies and disclosure for leading private sector companies, NGOs, private equities and family businesses.
Monaem is a Group CEO and Founding Partner at Sustainable Square – responsible for the overall growth and strategic direction of the firm. He also acts as a Vice-Chairmen of the Board of Trustees of the Foundation for Sustainability and Responsibility in Africa (FSRA). Monaem has experience conducting impact businesses in more than 20 countries, and has established subsidiaries in over 3 continents. Monaem now describes Dubai as his home, with his active business interests spanning Sub-Saharan Africa, south east Asia and the Arab world.
Monaem also sits in the global board of AIESEC International (the largest youth leadership organizations in the world) advising the global team on how best AIESEC can drive a sustainable impact in more than 125 countries by activating youth leadership to impact the SDGs and foster peace around the world.
Microcourse Contact Information:
Microcourses are not led by faculty. With the exception of “lite” versions, microcourses are led by a Course Facilitator (CF) who is available to answer questions, offer additional assistance, and assess your final creative assignments for academic credit. For questions, you may contact our Director of Course Facilitation at facilitator @ ubiquityuniversity.org. (Sorry! Direct email link not provided due to spam bots.)
PSDG - Week One - The Opportunities Within the SDGs
- PSDG - Week One - The Opportunities Within the SDGs - Video
- PSDG - Week One - The Opportunities Within the SDGs - Additional Materials
- PSDG - Week One - The Opportunities Within the SDGs - Reflection Task
- PSDG - Week One - The Opportunities Within the SDGs - Quiz
- PSDG - Week One - Group Discussion: Share Your Opinion/Experience (1 of 3)
PSDG - Week One - What Problem Are You Solving?
PSDG - Week One - Market Size and Opportunity
PSDG - Week Two - Your Solution and Impact
PSDG - Week Two - Understanding Your Customer
- PSDG - Week Two - Understanding Your Customer - Video
- PSDG - Week Two - Understanding Your Customer - Additional Materials
- PSDG - Week Two - Understanding Your Customer - Quiz
- PSDG - Week Two - Understanding Your Customer - Reflection Task
- PSDG - Week Two - Group Discussion: Share Your Opinion/Experience (2 of 3)