Welcome to our Creative Problem Solving microcourse. In the past few decades, psychologists and business people alike have discovered that successful problem solvers tend to use the same type of processes to identify and implement the solutions to their problems. This process works for any kind of problem, large or small.
This microcourse will give learners an overview of the entire creative problem solving process, as well as key problem solving tools that you can use every day in both your personal and professional lives.
By the end of this microcourse you should be able to:
- Understand problems and the creative problem solving process
- Identify types of information to gather and key questions to ask in problem solving
- Identify the importance of defining a problem correctly
- Identify and use different problem definition tools
- Write concrete problem statements
- Use basic brainstorming tools to generate ideas for solutions
- Evaluate potential solutions against criteria, including cost/benefit analysis and group voting
- Perform a final analysis to select a solution
- Understand the roles that fact and intuition play in selecting a solution
- Understand how to identify the tasks and resources necessary to implement solutions
- Evaluate and adapt solutions to reality
- Follow up with solution implementation to celebrate successes and identify improvements
Microcourse Contact Information:
Microcourses are completely on-demand for your convenience. If you have questions or require additional assistance, you may click the “Support” button on the lower, right-hand side of the screen, and submit your question. Our help desk will respond as soon as possible.
Single microcourses do not qualify for academic credit. However, enrolled students can add three microcourses together, purchase a Microcourse Credit Conversion option, pay the difference between the cost of the microcourses and a regular trimester course at their degree level and submit your reflection journals and a Final Creative Assignment for grading. Please contact our registrar for more information – registrar @ ubiquityuniversity.org. (sorry, direct link not provided due to spam bots).