This microcourse is included in a series of nine microcourses that can be bundled together into our Microcertificate in Practical Wisdom at a discounted price. Click here to learn more: PW Microcertificate. It is also included in our Microcertificate in UN SDG Impact. Click here to learn more: UN SDG Microcertificate.
Welcome to our Creative Problem Solving microcourse. In the past few decades, psychologists and business people alike have discovered that successful problem solvers tend to use the same type of processes to identify and implement the solutions to their problems. This process works for any kind of problem, large or small.
This microcourse will give learners an overview of the entire creative problem solving process, as well as key problem solving tools that you can use every day in both your personal and professional lives.
By the end of this microcourse you should be able to:
- Understand problems and the creative problem solving process
- Identify types of information to gather and key questions to ask in problem solving
- Identify the importance of defining a problem correctly
- Identify and use different problem definition tools
- Write concrete problem statements
- Use basic brainstorming tools to generate ideas for solutions
- Evaluate potential solutions against criteria, including cost/benefit analysis and group voting
- Perform a final analysis to select a solution
- Understand the roles that fact and intuition play in selecting a solution
- Understand how to identify the tasks and resources necessary to implement solutions
- Evaluate and adapt solutions to reality
- Follow up with solution implementation to celebrate successes and identify improvements
- Lite: $35
Our shopping cart is simple and easy to understand. If you do not have a user account, you will be able to create one upon purchase. Save your username and password as you will need it to login to access course materials later. For more detailed, step-by-step instructions you can review our tutorial How to Purchase a Course. Again, if you experience any issues, please email our Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Microcourse Contact Information:
Microcourses are completely on-demand for your convenience. If you have questions or require additional assistance, click the “Chat” button down on the left-hand side of the screen, and submit your question. Our help desk will respond as soon as possible. Please do not email faculty directly with any technology or registration issues.
Single microcourses do not qualify for academic credit. However, enrolled students can add three microcourses together, purchase a Microcourse Credit Conversion option, pay the difference between the cost of the microcourses and a regular trimester course at their degree level and submit your reflection journals and a Final Creative Assignment for grading. For assistance with this, please email our Registrar at email@example.com.