This course is designed for people with a social vision and a strong personal drive. By learning to apply business model generation, new media marketing, network activation, presentation techniques and team management strategies, you will work in teams to design and implement your own change project or social enterprise that makes a difference in the real world. Unconventional teaching methods will bring out potentially hidden talents not normally addressed in study halls. The coursework will enhance your practical organizational skills, refine your leadership ability, broaden your horizons, teach you to be more at ease with success and failure, and expand your social and professional network.
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- explain the process of developing a social innovation project;
- develop a minimum viable product concept with a team;
- iterate the early development of a product or service with stakeholders;
- pitch a project to potential investors / sponsors / partners; and,
- express the core needs of a project for finance and marketing.
SOCIONEXT offers world class hands-on training in social innovation, entrepreneurship skills development and rapid prototyping based on the Lean Start-up methodology. The program was developed over four years at the University of Amsterdam (the Netherlands) and at the Copenhagen Business School (Denmark). In addition, SOCIONEXT helps participants to do project planning based on the principles of game plans and dynamic steering for team management. In their programmes, student teams create a product or a service that lies within the focus on social innovation, corporate social responsibility, social entrepreneurship or sustainability.
Lite Level – This course is delivered on-demand with no faculty interaction and is perfect for lifelong learners who want to go at their own pace and who are not interested in academic credit but still want to experience the course.
Audit-No Credit – If you would like to participate when this course is offered in our Live Virtual Classroom mode, you may attend the live faculty webinars but will not be required to submit assignments for credit.
If you take a few courses and decide you want to officially enroll in a degree program, you can gain academic credit for Lite versions or Audit-No Credit versions by paying the difference between these course fees and a normal academic fee, successfully completing quizzes, submitting your reflection journals and delivering a Final Creative Assignment that will be graded.
Live Virtual Classroom: Study that takes place within Ubiquity University, in which Ubiquity academic coursework is accomplished through attendance in Live Webinars, with faculty and student interaction being a part of the Live Webinar content. To receive academic credit, you must not miss more than 3 live sessions, you must complete the quizzes and submit any other required assignments (if any), and a final creative assignment for grading at the degree level you are enrolled in.
Internal Online Independent Study: Study that takes place within Ubiquity University, in which Ubiquity academic online coursework is engaged in independently on one’s own and does not include faculty interaction. To receive academic credit, you must complete the quizzes and submit your reflection journals and final creative assignment for grading at the degree level you are enrolled in.
- BA Level: $300
- MA Level: $600
- PhD Level: $900
- Audit-No Credit: $240 (only if offered in Live Virtual Classroom Mode)
- Lite: $50 (no credit, access to course materials only)
Our shopping cart is simple and easy to understand. If you do not have a user account, you will be able to create one upon purchase. Save your username and password as you will need it to login to access course materials later. For more detailed, step-by-step instructions you can review our tutorial How to Purchase a Course. Again, if you experience any issues, please email Veronica Saldias at email@example.com.
Course Contact Information:
Live Virtual Classroom macrocourses are delivered by faculty in live Zoom sessions. You will have a course facilitator who is available to answer questions and offer additional assistance and that information will be provided to you upon registration. Please do not email faculty directly with any technology or registration issues.
For on-demand lite or Internal Online Independent Study versions, click the “Chat” button down on the left-hand side of the screen for any technical issues or questions you may have about the content.
Impact - Week One - Introduction
Impact - Week One - Be a Creator!
Impact – Week 2 - What is Social Entrepreneurship? – Reading
Impact – Week 3 – Where Ideas Come From
- Impact – Week Three – Where Ideas Come From – Reading
- Impact – Week Three – Where Ideas Come From – Resources
- Impact – Week Three – Where Ideas Come From – Reflection Task 1
- Impact – Week Three – Where Ideas Come From – Reflection Task 2
- Impact – Week Three – Where Ideas Come From – Reflection Task 3
- Impact – Week Three – Where Ideas Come From – Find a Team
Impact – Week 4 – Creating a Vision
Impact – Week 5 – Start Small, Start Fast!
Impact – Week 6 – Understanding your Target Group
- Impact – Week Six – Understanding Your Target Group – Reading
- Impact – Week Six – Understanding your Target Group – Resources
- Impact – Week Six – Understanding Your Target Group – Assignment 1
- Impact – Week Six – Understanding Your Target Group – Assignment 2
- Impact – Week Six – Understanding Your Target Group – Assignment 3
- Impact Project Milestone – Week Six – BA – Customer Avatar(s)
- Impact Project Milestone – Week Six – MA – Customer Avatar(s)
Impact – Week 7 – Prototyping your MVP
Impact – Week 8 – The Power of Co-creation
- Impact – Week Eight – The Power of Co-creation – Reading
- Impact – Week Eight – The Power of Co-creation – Resources
- Impact – Week Eight – The Power of Co-creation – Assignment 1
- Impact Project Milestone – Week Eight – BA – Co-Creation Activity
- Impact Project Milestone – Week Eight – MA – Co-Creation Activity
Impact – Week 9 – Dynamic Steering and Effective Meetings
Impact – Week 10 – Project Planning with Gameplan
Impact – Week 11 – Marketing
- Impact – Week Eleven – Marketing – Reading
- Impact – Week Eleven – Marketing – Resources
- Impact – Week Eleven – Marketing – Assignment Part 1
- Impact – Week Eleven – Marketing – Assignment Part 2
- Impact – Week Eleven – Marketing – Assignment Part 3
- Impact – Week Eleven – Marketing – Assignment Part 4
- Impact Project Milestone – Week Eleven – BA – Marketing Campaign Plan
- Impact Project Milestone – Week Eleven – MA – Marketing Campaign Plan