This course is designed for people with a social vision and a strong personal drive. By learning to apply business model generation, new media marketing, network activation, presentation techniques and team management strategies, you will work in teams to design and implement your own change project or social enterprise that makes a difference in the real world.
Unconventional teaching methods will bring out potentially hidden talents not normally addressed in study halls. The coursework will enhance your practical organizational skills, refine your leadership ability, broaden your horizons, teach you to be more at ease with success and failure, and expand your social and professional network.
By the end of the program you will be able to:
- Explain the process of developing a social innovation project
- Develop a minimum viable product concept with a team
- Iterate the early development of a product or service with stakeholders
- Pitch a project to potential investors / sponsors / partners
- Express the core needs of a project for finance and marketing
Your Instructor – SOCIONEXT
SOCIONEXT offers world class hands-on training in social innovation, entrepreneurship skills development and rapid prototyping based on the Lean Start-up methodology. The program was developed over four years at the University of Amsterdam (the Netherlands) and at the Copenhagen Business School (Denmark). In addition, SOCIONEXT helps participants to do project planning based on the principles of game plans and dynamic steering for team management. In their programmes, student teams create a product or a service that lies within the focus on social innovation, corporate social responsibility, social entrepreneurship or sustainability.
- Impact – Dynamic Steering and Effective Meetings – Reading
- Impact – Dynamic Steering and Effective Meetings – Resources
- Impact – Dynamic Steering and Effective Meetings – Quiz – Dynamic Steering
- Impact – Dynamic Steering and Effective Meetings – Assignments
- Impact – Dynamic Steering and Effective Meetings – 360 feedback survey