Ubiquity FlexBA – Self-Styled Bachelor of Arts Degree
Nobody knows you better than…you! This BA program is a completely self-designed learning program where you work with our Dean of Undergraduate Studies and our academic advisors to define your pathway, select independent learning opportunities and course selection both inside and outside of Ubiquity. Interested in physics and organic gardening? Go for it. Political science and consciousness? Sure. Computer coding and poetry? Why not?
A Ubiquity BA is your creation. We require some core courses that we want every student to take and then we work with you to shape your own major area of concentration. Because of the importance we place on bringing people together to solve global challenges, Ubiquity concentrates on developing soft skills and gaining knowledge about global challenges centered on the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. Our programs are designed to instill in you the key qualities you need to link your passion with solving global challenges to bring sustainable and generative health and wellbeing to individuals, communities and the planet.
Prerequisite to Join: High School Diploma or equivalent
Admissions Process: Complete an initial interview with our Director of Admissions, then submit all materials prior to registering for courses.
By the end of this program you should be able to:
- Understand yourself, your unique talents and your place in the world.
- Use a variety of essential skills to accelerate your own development as a lifelong leaner and improve your prospects in the pursuit of your personal goals.
- Develop a more holistic understanding of humans and the world in order to unleash your passions and talents in a way that benefits yourself and the global society we live in.
- Apply a cutting-edge set of tools and skills to create change in humanity’s consciousness in order to contribute to building a more sustainable and regenerative world.
- Identify and enhance your unique skills and turn them into competencies that are directly connected to your life goals.
- Clearly identify what you want to study and design the path for further higher studies.
This BA Degree is composed of 120 credits
Core Courses (6 Credits): A set of 2 (two) required macrocourses
- Foundation in Soft Skills and UN SDGs (Shelly Alcorn, UU)
- Great Books (Jim Garrison, PhD and Gyorgyi Szabo, PhD – UU)
Elective Courses (114 Credits): A set of 38 elective macrocourses, or combined microcourses, nanocourses, live webinars or in-person learning journeys. These may be Ubiquity Courses, courses from our Approved Providers, or courses you import for credit. See more information in our Ubiquity University Student Handbook. The latest selection of our courses is available here.
At the beginning of your journey, you will have a consultation with our academic advisors, who will help you draft your plan. You will be asked to prepare a proposal that will meet our criteria for 120 credit hours. Your academic advisor will help you determine how many credits can be earned for various activities. Your potential choices are, but are not limited to:
- A selection of Ubiquity produced macro, micro and nanocourses, live webinars and in-person learning journeys
- A selection of courses by Ubiquity partners
- Outside courses from sources like Coursera, etc.
- Outside activities such as retreats, conferences and events held by reputable organizations
- Self-study options such as reading books and writing post-papers using APA style to demonstrate your understanding and application of the materials
- Other options you may suggest and that we mutually agree upon
External study and self-study options include a $100 per credit import fee which is our normal rate and which allows us to evaluate your post-papers, issue grades for final Creative Assignments, and extend academic credit.
Dissertation: At the end of your degree, you are requested to write a dissertation, which must not exceed 10,000 words.
Cost: Pay per course: US$ 300
Total program cost: Approximately US$ 12,000. Outside provider costs are your responsibility and are in addition to our normal credit fees for evaluating your work and helping you manage your learning program.
Read more about this program in the Ubiquity University Student Handbook
Information about how we process refund or cancellation requests can be found here: Refund and Cancellation Policy
As a global institution, Ubiquity University is not accredited by any single state or nation. We are a member of the Global Accreditation Council which seeks to establish a new standard for universal education dedicated to regenerative ecological, social and spiritual principles.